Every year thousands of awesome money saving deals are offered by retailers on Black Friday. While most of these deals offer a great way to save a lot of money just before the long holiday season starting with Christmas, there are some that should be avoided as they are not worthy of your hard-earned money. Here we are going to talk about the ones you should avoid on Black Friday and instead focus on some other products.
4 Things You Should Not Buy on Black Friday
We have listed the items you should avoid buying during Black Friday sale of 2018. Take a look below.
- Apple iPhones
If you intend to buy a new iPhone this Black Friday, forget about getting a heavy discount on the latest iPhone 8 or iPhone X model. If you want to buy an older variant of the device you may go ahead if you find a cheap deal. Otherwise, it would be much beneficial for you to wait at least till December when a new model is released and the price of the iPhone X or the iPhone 8 gets reduced.
Buying tools on Black Friday may not turn out to be a good option. While there may be no shortage of deals on tools on Black Friday, you are more likely to get heavier discounts and offers on tools on Father’s Day. This is because Father’s Day is about men while on Black Friday people go out to find deals on a variety of items starting from beauty products to fashion and electronics.
- Holiday Packages
Gifting your wife or family a holiday vacation to Disneyland or Las Vegas can be great but you know what? Black Friday is just not the right time to book flight tickets or hotels. This is because the airlines of the US release their sales on Tuesday morning or afternoon. So a Tuesday would be the best day of the week to book a flight ticket to get the maximum discount. While you may opt to book tickets on Cyber Monday if you get a great deal, you should read the terms and conditions of the offer before making payment.
- Winter Clothing Items
While you are sure to find a lot of deals on winter clothes on Black Friday, the best deals will be available around December or January when fresh stocks arrive. So it would be a good option to wait for a couple of months to shop for winterwear so that you get the best deals and new clothing.
Although there is no harm in buying the above mentioned items on Black Friday, you are likely to get better discounts and offers during other times of the year. If you really wish to buy something from the list we have mentioned above and get a great black friday deal on it, then it is advised not to hesitate and go ahead with it.
Floor Jack is one of the most basic tools that you would need in your garage for any type of car and there are many different types of floor jack available in the market. This could make the buying decision hard as the retailer might try and sell you the jack which gets him a good profit. In such a case, you must know which jack is best for you and hence we compiled a list of points that you must consider while purchasing a floor jack so that you end up buying only the best Floor Jack for your Garage.
So, here are the points that you must consider before buying a floor jack.
- Type of Jack – There are basically three types of floor jacks available, these are Hydraulic Floor Jack, Scissor Jack and Bottle Jack. The Scissor Jack is the lightest one and it is also one of the most widely used. Apart from that, people also buy Bottle Jack or the Piston Jack for the personal use. Lastly, the hydraulic jack is mostly for the garages and for lifting heavy cars.
- Type of Vehicle – The second factor that you might want to consider is the type of car that you would be using the jack on. This is because if you have a car that has a higher ground clearance then the spring jack might not be as useful as the hydraulic jack of the piston jack. Moreover, if you own a truck with a higher ground clearance then you must only purchase the hydraulic jack.
- The weight of the Car – This is probably one of the most important factors while making the purchase decision. Always buy a heavy-duty hydraulic jack for a heavy car whereas you can also buy a spring jack if you own a hatchback. The jack also comes with the weight rating and you must abide by the rating or else you can end up injuring yourself. The jack slips are quite common if you go over the designated weight.
- Material – You might also want to consider the material that is used to manufacture the jack. The two basic materials used are stainless steel and aluminum. The stainless steel jacks are much tolerant to abuse while the aluminum jacks are easy to carry.
- Lifting Speed – You can also consider the lifting speed of the jack while purchasing the jack. There are some jacks which may require 10 or more strokes to reach height whereas, some jacks may only need 3 to 4 strokes to reach the height. The speed is directly proportional to the price and hence be ready to shell out more money if you are planning to buy a jack that is fast.
These are the factors that you must consider before buying a floor jack and do try some of the online stores before you purchase a jack from any of the offline retailers as you can get a good discount from the online store.